Friday, April 29, 2011

Kale Chips

Eat your greens!

Instead of reaching for a bag of potato chips next time you want a snack, how about making your own kale chips?  They are surprisingly delicious and have an unique crunchy-and-dissolving texture that I love.

  • Go to your local farmer's market and buy a bundle of fresh kale.
  • Tear the leaves into small pieces and wash thoroughly.
  • Toss with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.  I tried adding some fresh chopped garlic in the most recent time I made the kale chips and it was a nice savory touch, however, the garlic didn't brown as nicely as I wanted.  I'll give it another try though.
  • Spread out on a baking sheet.


  • Heat oven to 300 degrees and bake for 20 - 30 minutes.


  • I usually take 'em out and place 'em in a dish lined with a paper towel to soak up some of the excess olive oil.  
  • Enjoy your tasty snack while still warm or wait for them to cool down completely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment