Instead of reaching for a bag of potato chips next time you want a snack, how about making your own kale chips? They are surprisingly delicious and have an unique crunchy-and-dissolving texture that I love.
- Go to your local farmer's market and buy a bundle of fresh kale.
- Tear the leaves into small pieces and wash thoroughly.
- Toss with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. I tried adding some fresh chopped garlic in the most recent time I made the kale chips and it was a nice savory touch, however, the garlic didn't brown as nicely as I wanted. I'll give it another try though.
- Spread out on a baking sheet.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees and bake for 20 - 30 minutes.
- I usually take 'em out and place 'em in a dish lined with a paper towel to soak up some of the excess olive oil.
- Enjoy your tasty snack while still warm or wait for them to cool down completely.