Thursday, June 2, 2011

Strawberry Season Has Arrived

Now that summer is just around the corner, I get to indulge in some of my favorite fruits...berries!  I went to the Union Square farmer's market yesterday to pick up some freshly picked strawberries.  I had to search a bit to find organic ones there, as most of the fruit/veggie farms represented are not organic farms.  I finally found a pint for $5.  They were grown with no pesticides at all, which makes them vulnerable to perishing quickly, so the woman who sold them to me said to "enjoy them today."

I wanted mixed berries, so I hopped across the street to Whole Foods to grab some organic raspberries and organic blueberries, both 6oz for $3.99.


Grab a bowl and add 1 cup whipping cream, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp sugar.  Whisk away, it takes about 5+ minutes, but eventually it will thicken and all of a sudden, fresh whipped cream!



There's nothing like berries and cream for a simple treat after dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment