Friday, December 9, 2011

What's for Breakfast?

I usually have a bowl of cereal with berries for breakfast, but along with that, I'll have a small nonfat yogurt.  

Combining protein with breakfast is the key to feeling fuller longer.  Yogurt or eggs are great options to get a little protein in to start your day.

Making scrambled eggs couldn't be any easier, and the best part is: you can throw in whatever left over veggies you have in the fridge.  I find myself doing this all the time...a few cherry tomatoes here, mushrooms there, spinach everywhere.  Oh, and I always add fresh basil of course.  When you add in veggies and herbs there is no reason to ever add salt.

Breakfast today: 2 scrambled eggs (1 yolk), red peppers, broccoli, avocado, and basil all over a slice of Trader Joe’s multi-grain toast.




p.s. Don’t skimp out on both yolks.  I always add at least one.  The yolk is where all the nutrients are, and yes, it’s where all the cholesterol is too, but a little is not only okay, it’s also needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment