• I've been running a lot lately. Joined the NYRR last year and have found myself signing up for several races a month with my boyfriend. I even completed my first half-marathon. I've decided that the best after run snack is: chocolate milk. It's got a little fat, protein, sugar, calcium, and antioxidants from the chocolate.
|It even comes with a straw and is a perfect portion|
• The Madison Square Park BBQ is tomorrow. If I can weave my way through the crowds, I'll be sure to let you know how the $8 plates of BBQ are.
• My mister bought me a meyer lemon tree that I've been eyeing for awhile at Plantworks. We repotted it and I have it front and center in my window soaking up the rays. Now I just need it to flower and give me cute little lemons for my ice waters.
|More like a little lemon bush|
• I decided that this is going to be a gin-kinda-summer. I tried some new ones the other day and am loving all the choices. I have always been partial to Hendrick's, but wow, there is some hefty competition out there. Now I just need to find more hip bars that carry these artisan bottles. Ransom's Old Tom Gin is especially cool, due to the herbal blend and golden-tinted color. Add a splash of grapefruit juice and a splash of club soda and I think we have a winner.
|Ransom's Small's Gin and Old Tom Gin|
|The Spotted Pig|
• I got an internship (paid!) with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. I start on Monday as a Nutrition Policy Intern in the Chronic Disease Prevention division. Wish me luck!