Sunday, January 23, 2011

Welcome!

Thanks for checking out my blog about food and nutrition in NYC.  I hope to enrich readers with ideas for balanced meals, where to get them, and any other tidbits about food I can find.  I will also offer my opinions about NYC restaurants and markets as I discover them along the way.  I've only been in this magical city for a month and already have a plethora of food stories.



I'm not claiming to be an expert by any means, but I will give my unbiased appraisal and encourage comments by readers, always.  I grew up with my Italian father and food-loving mother, so meals were always an event.  I also bartended in DC for many years, so I know what it's like to be on both sides of the counter.


I've spent many years trying to get myself in career-gear by taking the numerous science pre-reqs needed for graduate nutrition programs...chemistry I, II, organic, microbiology, anatomy, physiology...shall I go on?  I'm almost there and am hoping to begin a full-time program by Fall 2011.

I am lucky enough to have a part-time job and conveniently get to work from home.  Aside from hanging out in comfy clothes all day, I also get to head out to all the wonderful markets in my neighborhood (Greenwich Village, NoHo, Union Square, etc) and cook myself breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I was impressing myself with how colorful and balanced my meals were becoming and decided to create this blog to display my accomplishments- and to talk food.




Oh, and I'll try to keep things short + sweet!

Grazie!

No comments:

Post a Comment